Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dingoo Review

I've been pretty busy lately, setting my PC up with Windows 7 for example. And obsessing over the Dingoo A320! There's something thrilling about seeing your favorite games from the past on a mobile device. I had so many roms put onto this thing it was insane. If you're going to get snowed in this winter, or if you're going to get dropped on a desert island, get this thing.

I wish I could write a fully detailed review, but I doubt its necessary. There has been enough coverage and enough critiques of the product to pretty much cover it. But I can still give my initial impressions and recount my personal experience with it.

First, I want to go over the price. At a mere $100, you get more out of the box than you would have to buy the N:DS or PSP. This goes to show you how powerful and awesome the independent electronics companies can be. You get earbuds, a TV-out cable, a USB cable, a wall charger, and the unit itself. For the features, open source capabilities and convenience of the Dingoo, the price is so right. Get a mini-SD card to expand its 4 gigabyte memory capacity and you've got everything you need.



Above is a youtube clip of the Dingoo working on a TV set. This was by far the best feature for me. It's not perfect (maybe it was the TV I was running it on), but the fact that the option is there to run it on a big screen is awesome.

Loading roms onto the Dingoo is remarkably easy. All you have to do is connect it to your PC via the USB cable and drag and drop the desired rom files into their respective emulation folders. The sound quality is pretty decent, both from the small bottom speakers and through headphones. The screen is noticeably smaller than those of the PSP and the DS, but still not too bad. However, if you're playing a game with particular small text, you may want to hook it up to a TV monitor.

In addition to being an awesome portable gaming device, the Dingoo can also play video, music, display text, has a microphone, and can act as an image viewer, oh yeah, and as if that wasn't enough, its a radio too. If you're looking for a cheap, all-in-one device, its hard not to recommend the Dingoo. Its a perfect multimedia device for someone on a budget. Its light, compact, yet sturdy. The product is currently available on thinkgeek.com

No comments:

Post a Comment